Tuesday, September 22, 2009

georgia on my mind

Many of you may have heard about the recent heavy rains and flash flooding in Georgia over the past couple days, for those of you who haven't, here's a link to the story as of this morning.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090922/ap_on_re_us/us_heavy_rain_southeast

This was some serious rain in these areas, almost 2 feet of water in a two day span. Believe me; this type of downpour would leave any area in disarray. My heart goes out to the families affected and the people doing all they can to get the situation under control.

As of this morning, this has not been added to FEMA's list of Federally Declared Emergencies but I'm sure Georgia Governor, Sonny Perdue will be writing his request if he hasn't done so already. This request will springboard the Federal Government into action to help these communities on a grander scale. I can only hope the counties affected have an up-to-date Hazard Mitigation Plan. This is the key to funding from FEMA for the town and the people affected.

More to come I'm sure,,, I'll keep you posted.

DD

No comments: