Monday, August 31, 2009

the power of one

When I look back on the first day I decided to take on this new direction in my life. Two things were very clear and have kept me on my path. The simple belief that people need help and that people have the need to help others. Simple as that. They may be friends, family or complete strangers. The fact remains that when a story touches a place in your heart, it makes it impossible to just sit back, we as human beings have to get involved. This is what I call, the power of one. One event to inspire one's involvement to create one change.

One, to me, is the largest number in the world. To me, it signifies a united bond. If we all join in to support a cause, this makes us one. One force that can conquer anything.

Every non-profit has it's challenges to attract support and get people involved. This is a factor I've been dealing with as I create my organization but again it all boils down to one. I feel a natural disaster has the ability to effect each and every one of us in our live time. If you haven't been a victim yourself, I'm sure you may know a neighbor, friend or family member that has been there. We all see the donation levels to the major organizations rise right after an event but what if we created a fund to research the reasons for the tragedies themselves before they happened? What if we could champion the costs and put an end to a tragedy before it happens? Better yet,, what it we created that fund in a cost effective way, making it affordable for everyone? Again,,, I call this the power of one.

Each One for US All will accept donations based on one. Here's an example. Say you make $35,000.00 a year. You can offer a donation of 1%. Meaning that your contribution would be $350.00 a year, less than a dollar a day.

That's just one example of a donation based on one. We plan to honor any donation based on one. One percent of a products profits, one month of pay, one day of pay, one nights proceeds from an event. It's amazing what can be accomplished based on one, I can't wait to see the creative approaches contributing one to be one.

DD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mr. decker. its mike. brittany's old friend. i wanted to say i am blown away by your amazing idea. i hope everyone reads this and i will do my best to spread the word. thank you for posting great ideas like this that could change the world and make it a better place.

Discovery Kids Camp said...

thanks to you Mike, I appreciate your support. Spread the word,,, we can all make a difference.
DD

Shady Lady said...

Danny,
I just finished reading your blog. It is quite powerful.

When do you plan to have your website up and running? Will people be able to make donations on your website? Will you accept donations from one foundation? Foundation Beyond Belief is just gearing up and will choose 10 charitable organizations per quarter. My firend is working for this foundation. I can pass your information along to her.

I can also post a link on my blog to your blog or your website. Word can spread quickly, nationwide, from blog to blog and blog readers.

I wish you all the best in this awesome and wonderful undertaking.

Discovery Kids Camp said...

Shady Lady,
Thanks for the message, great to hear from you. The website should be up and running in a couple weeks, just going through all the tweeks at the moment. Yes, I plan to accept donations through it when complete. Thanks for the info about the Foundation Beyond Belief, that's great information. As far as support through your blog,,, again yes, yes and YES!! This is what it's all about, sharing to spread the word to make a change.
Thanks again for reaching out.
DD