Monday, December 28, 2009

a year to remember

Well, this Christmas came and went in a blur, as it does most every year. Especially the last week leading up to the big day. Once again I found myself in the last minute rush to finish up the shopping list. I must admit, the last minute thing really gets me in the holiday mood, call me crazy but I like the crowds. It's one of the few times in the year where we're all in it for somebody else. Whether it's a family member, a friend, a teacher or the mailman, we are all thinking of others during this time of year. Surrounding myself in such good karma can't possibly be a bad thing, it's the good that I'm drawn to and I feel it so strongly this time of year. I'm convinced this feeling is the underlining emotion in everyone that makes this season so fulfilling.

With less than a week left in 2009, I can't help but think about what this year has meant to me. I started this year in a completely different place than I find myself now. Kinda freaky when I break it down, the differences in my day-to-day are quite the contrast. It's a good thing because I feel that I am finally establishing my true self value, doing something I feel in the grand scheme of things is more important and so desperately needed. With the transformation that's occured, I've learned a lot about myself and others. Point is,,, I've learned. I am one who feels that we must continue to learn no matter what we think we know, this is the only way to gain complete understanding, if that's even possible. Establishing Each One for US All has been an incredible learning experience. there has been great strides made in the short time I've put my efforts forth in creating this corporation. As one may expect, along with moving forward there has been set backs. Things that come along and stop you in your tracks. Things like this were usually beyond my control but that didn't make it any easier to deal with. I've found that reminding myself of the reason I started this venture and the successes I've achieved brings me back.

The reason for the venture still looms as a tragic reality to this country. I can't tell you the actual amount of people who still suffer in this country from natural disasters that occured years ago. The stories of people still in temporary housing, the lack of volunteers to help and the complete lack of support from our government programs in place to help us in these times.

Each One for US All has been receiving donations for our first official "Call To Action" put into place earlier this month. This has solidified the feeling of true purpose to all the work I've put into this venture. With only three days left in the year, I am eager to see how the donations will positively impact the lives of others. This will be the pay-off for all the time and effort by so many and put us on the map as our official first project.

Wishing everyone a safe and prosperous New Year, 2010 is going to rock!

DD

P.S. There is still time to get in your donations for the Call To Action, for details, click here and get involved. Help make a difference in the lives of others in need.

No comments: